What are the Contraindications to Massage Treatments?
Massage treatment is non-invasive, relaxing and natural. It is therefore generally considered a safe treatment for most people.
However, there are some situations where massage is not recommended.
General list of Contraindications to Massage Treatments:
- Acute Inflammatory Processes
- Blood Disorders
- Skin Disease
- Thrombosis, Phlebitis and Varicose Veins
- Trophy Skin Ulcers
- Lymph Nodes Inflammation
- Active Form of Tuberculosis
- Any form of Cancer
- Any form of Tumours
- Acute Stomach Pain
- Acute Pain of Any Localization
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Recent Surgery
- Some Forms of Oedema
- Open Wounds
- Serious Conditions of Heart, Circulatory System, Lungs, Kidneys and Liver
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact me for more information.